Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The maiden voyage of the Ice Cream Maker

I doubt we are the only family that gives ourselves a "family gift" each Christmas.  One year, when I was a little girl, my parents got a new horse for my brothers and me.  Well, the horse got out of its corral and got hit by a truck and died before I could even see it alive.  This year went way better than that.  GUARANTEED. 


Justin and I decided our family gift would be this bad boy: 
 An Ice Cream Maker.  Oh yeah.  This puppy can be hand-cranked or electric and makes about 6 quarts at a time.  It's almost 3 feet tall folks. Serious frozen treat potential.
 
  We started out with the basic vanilla, then Justin had a sweet brain storm and we added Double Stuff Oreos.  I married a smart & handsome guy.



Looks mighty tempting and delicious.  We should have kept cranking it for awhile longer for it to firm up, but we were tired of waiting.
 
 
 
 
Not the greatest shot of the boys delighting in the cookies and creme, they tend to not hold still for the impending photo opp. They know it might end up here on the blog. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment