Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 13, 2014

Water, water every where.

I have a very simple, wonderful, fulfilling life.  It's simple in that I have a husband and 4 sons to love and that with out a doubt love me. I know that. I know that this life on this beautiful planet is full of ups and downs.  High mountains to climb and thigh high mud we have to trudge on through.  There is no doubt in my mind that we are here to gain experience and over come any obstacle.  When I have these huge mountains thrown up in my way I also know that little old me doesn't have to climb them alone.  I have the family, faith and friends on  my side to deal with it all.  I don't talk a lot about what problems I have. There are always others that have to suffer much more and much more often than myself and my family.  I have comfort in knowing that these difficult times will pass.  I will grow. My family will ride it out with me and we will have family and friends picking us up when we stumble and fall.  I am not sure how tall one might say this particular mountain is we are trekking up but it looks like this.....



So, last week we got a phone call no one ever wants to get.  Major flooding, frozen pipes burst, perhaps $80k in damages.




 
 
Not too shortly thereafter, we got another call.  This time it was help being offered on the other end.  Friends that wanted to do all they can to get things under control.


 
So far, as of today actually, we know that the furnace is okay.  We have heat and the house is drying out.  Our "angel crew" has been hard at work and we don't know how we would have made it this far without them. There is a very long and difficult road up ahead. We are not alone though, I am sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment