Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

And she shall be called Petunia.

With 4 boys under our roof, you have to expect and be prepared for rather odd situations.  Things like yarn strung all over the house to climb over, under and through...like a sneaky spy.  Try doing that in a skirt, on the way out the door to a church meeting!  Or maybe all the bedroom doors are tied shut with rope.  Perhaps with the occupants still inside.

Sometimes the strange comes to us. We didn't even have to bring it upon ourselves, the postal worker delivered it to us. 

Why, you might ask would this be strange? Well, it was a Trader Joe's bulb kit that came in the form of a Christmas gift.  We all know I kill things that get planted in the ground!  Nevertheless, I accepted the challenge. This bulb would grow and we named it "Petunia". Do I even know what variety of plant this is, no. But look for your self, it is ALIVE!! We called that triangular shoot, her shark fin.

 
 Petunia sat on the table, I moved her (yes we referred to the plant as a she) throughout the day to get good sun. On less frigid days, we put her outside to get the goodness of the outdoors.
 
 
 The shark fin got BIGGER. I have to reiterate the fact that at no time have we grown anything, but children.  I was getting excited as were the boys that Petunia was a fighter and had a chance!
 
 
 
 A few weeks passed and we were thrilled that she looked to  have a bloom in the works and 2 more shoots coming up.  I was pondering if we needed to re-pot our Petunia.  It was all going so well. A living plant in our house, who would have ever thought?! Well, her story does not end well, one day she got left outside.  The next morning she was FROZEN. FROZEN!!!! We killed her. Stone cold dead. Moral of the story, send us a book, mixed nuts or a gift card. Let the bulbs go to a home that will not freeze them.
 
Adieu Petunia.

No comments:

Post a Comment