When I was growing up we had a tradition that I carry on in my little family. We give December First presents. Not something big and spendy though. Something like a new book, movie, Christmas candy etc. Well, when my brother Riley married his wonderful and fabulous bride Allison, she had a little different tradition that my mom decided to adopt. St. Nicholas Tag. It's celebrated in Germany, which is where Alli's ancestry is from. So score, now I get a Dec. 1st gift from Justin and Dec. 6th gift from my mom!! Oh what a little spoiled girl I am at heart. Growing up with all brothers, it was my job to be that way. A job I took very seriously of course. My brothers think too seriously probably.
So the other day Justin was pondering what to get for me. I gave him some ideas, frankly I have to or else I end up on the receiving end of travel size camping gear, what girl whats that ?!? To have for the family, sure, but NOT as a gift for heavens sake. He has since learned his lesson. Well, he came through this morning! Darling diamond earrings were waiting for me when I a woke this morning. With a cute little note. Well, now he has redeemed himself nicely! A Happy December First indeed!

No comments:
Post a Comment