Justin and I are the head of a house full of boys. That is just fine with us. We tried to have girls, but that's not the way our cookie crumbled.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
My battle with "garbage"
What is this garbage I speak of? Not the literal kind, it's the "squish" as I refer to it. My hips and abdomen! I have always had a hard time with my weight. The only time I didn't was in college. Which is not the norm. I know lots of people get the freshman 15, well I lost at least 20. How? I was starving and walking everywhere! Living in downtown Salt Lake was wonderful. I walked to class and then 30 minutes each way to work at Old Navy. That was my first "real" job too. Any way, then by some very real miracle I met Justin and we fell head over heels for each other really quickly. I was the thinnest I'd ever been in my life. A size 10 to be exact. Now a decade + more I am not willing to keep hanging on to this "squish". Today when I was doing my CardioX they made mention of getting rid of the garbage. That's exactly what I am doing. I don't need any pounds holding me back, making me unhealthy. I have made a goal to do a sprint Triathlon this year. It's July 10th in Roswell. Recently I have had my blood giving me trouble, but that still is no reason to quit, give up and throw in the towel. I won't. Today and the next I will not hang on to my garbage and seeing my butt get smaller, tummy flatter and arms stronger is freakin' awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment