Have you ever eaten something like that? Over done oats? Not pleasing. Not at all. Well, if you know me, I knew in my little baker's heart that I could get it right the next time. I don't know how old the gal's oven is that did the recipe, but good gracious the statement "baking times may vary" has never been more true. Check these little beauties out.
A pan of golden deliciousness! Baked for about 22 minutes, not the crazy 30-40 recommended. Cooled and cut a double batch like this made me sad I wasted money buying granola bars all these years. The beauty of this method is the variety! Our family loves a more chocolaty bar, not ashamed to admit it. You can add the ground flax, like she suggests, so I feel better about myself.
My most recent batch was for a Stake Preparedness event(using emergency food storage). Justin is the "go-to" guy for our Ward (local church congregation) for emergency stuff. He "volun-told" me to enter a recipe, only made from pantry and food storage ingredients. NO PROBLEM. Granola bars were the answer, easy to do. I had all the ingredients on hand - almost. I decided my ratio of chippy-ness wasn't high enough. Butterscotch chips made their debut, to rave results and a 2nd Place prize! Scored a gift card too.

No comments:
Post a Comment