Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 3, 2014

2 lonely little bananas & love

What do you think when you see over-ripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter? Wasted money, time to toss them, etc.?  Not me.  I convince myself that something must be baked! And it should happen soon.  Well, with 2 sad specimens, there aren't that many choices.  Chop them up and freeze for later, sure.  Toss them in a smoothie. That could work.  Neither of those choices involve baking though. So, today I knew in my little heart it had to be Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.  That's a mouthful. No doubt about it, but man oh man, they are darn delicious in spite of it all.


They look like this all put together:  

 
Bee-utiful!!(as my Grandpa used to say)
 
 
Believe me when I tell you that they look pretty fantastic right here and now but taste better in 10-12 minutes.  I won't even hide the fact that I will ALWAYS snitch tastes of the uncooked dough.  There is only 1 egg in the recipe, small chance of poisoning right?!?!
 
 
 
 


Now, why did I mention love?  For one small ( but really actually enormous) reason.  Justin ADORES these cookies.  They might just be his number 1 choice in the whole wide world when asked what kind of cookie would he like.  I am not exaggerating.  He loves them.  Well, I love him even more and so right now, a whole entire bag of these babies are waiting for him.  He is gone on assignment right now.  Supposing all this Virginia snow doesn't mess things up, he should be home tomorrow afternoon. I love, love, love my hubster. No doubt about it.  I may or may not swipe one before he comes home.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment