Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas is next week!

I have always loved winter.  I grew up in Southern Idaho and we are blessed with 4 glorious seasons.  Unlike Texas where my dear hub hails from. In Austin it is either hot and muggy or burning hot and muggy. I really can't get used to it.  I applaud my family that can. I remember when I was about 4 years old having our house entirely snowed in.  My kids have never seen snow like that!

We get snow days for inches of snow here in Virginia, bad roads, etc. I understand. But I would love it if we really could get a real deal snow.  Right now my wonderful friends in Ohio are up to their ankles in snow, I am jealous. That is my Christmas wish this year.  A White Christmas.  We are not separated as a family this year, as so many military families are.  We don't have a family health crisis. We have had those in the past.  My husband works Christmas Eve, but not Christmas Day.  We are blessed. I hope we can ease the pinch for some families in our area, we were once one of those families that lived a very small way. Small birthdays, small holidays. Now we have a little extra and can give. Merry Christmas to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment