I also love the Fall. ALOT. I love that we can enjoy a warm-ish day and a cool evening. I love taking the boys out to go for walks here in Ohio because the trees are so beautiful. I haven't lived this far east before and the leaves here are gorgeous. Out west it's quite pretty too, don't get me wrong, especially in my home town where the elevation is so high it makes those cool nights come even sooner. When Justin and I started our family, we started some new traditions all our own, like getting pumpkins and carving or painting them. This is not something we Larsen's did when growing up. Maybe it was scenes like these that my parents wanted to avoid....
For one thing, our kitchen was a lot smaller than this! I truly think we could never have found big beauties like these out in Idaho. These bad boys were $1.99 at ALDI. That place is a wonder.
Something else I love, adore and all around swoon about fall is....wearing layers. For real, I love pants and shirts, ones with long sleeves. I sweat and suffer all summer long in my capris and tee shirts, layered with a tank-top. It is torture!! But my salvation comes at the beginning of October and lasts until late May when the long sleeves bid me adieu.
I hope the boys remember this crazy night. They had better! the guts that came out of these pumpkins seemed never ending. Jeremy was out of the mess because he had no desire to carve his gourd this time around. I also have suspicions he really wanted to bash it to pieces when the time came to put the masterpieces to their resting place in the trash can just before Thanksgiving rolled around. He didn't get the chance Justin chucked that sucker in the trash before Jeremy knew it.
This shot of Cooper is priceless! Sometimes they all ham it up for the camera, but this time I got the money shot !!! You can practically smell the stinky smell! I do not love the nasty innards you see here, not the seeds not the goop, nada.
He's a good daddy to saw through all these beastly things! Thank heavens for a good set of kitchen knives and a patient Dad.







No comments:
Post a Comment