Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Little, pretty and yummy.

For everyone who has known me longer than 4 years, you know that we lived a pretty simple existence while Justin was a firefighter, firefighter instructor and PA student.  The Air Force pays for the basics in life, nothing fancy going on in the first 12 years or so of our married life.  And darn it, THAT IS OKAY!!!! our simple life was a great one. 

Well, don't get the idea we are living large on the Captain pay scale.  We get to say yes to a few more things though.  Yes, we can take a trip to a water park, yes we can go to the Zoo in Columbus, yes we can save, save, save and go to Washington D.C. as a family....our very first family trip.  That might seem confusing to our family since we took trips out west to visit every so often through the years.  Well it was the very first vacation that had nothing to do with a trip to visit any family. 

So this little post today is about how a jump in the pay scale has upped my opportunity to flex my feminine muscles in the kitchen and create some darling, yummy treats for friends and family. 


For example...Princess Cupcakes in house full of BOYS!!  Why you may ask?  Ethan has a darling little friend that asked to come over and make them with me.  She had a book that we picked out the recipes from and it is a fancy little book indeed.  All the Disney cup-cakery you can handle.

 
 
These ones down below here were pink lemonade people! They tasted delicious and then funny part was that my boys just ate them up, no problem with the cup cakes being too girly.  My boys are awesome that way.  If I remember right there wasn't a single one left.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These little Olympic cookies were made especially for Cooper's tenth birthday.  Since we were looking for ward to the London Olympics, he chose the Games for his birthday theme.
 
 
This was the crazy crew that inhaled the cookies after participating in their own games.  Races, archery, etc, etc,  I painted the nifty tees as well.

 
 
 
 
These  next pretty little babies I found in a fabulous book from the library.  It was all about what you can do with cookie dough, eggless of course. 



I love it when things turn out just like the pictures, the hubbie is learning to love this quirk of mine.  But really, they were perfect!!!


 





Who wouldn't love to have one of these bad boys?  Did I mention they hade a cookie dough flavored buttercream and a cookie dough filling hiding inside?  YUM.
  








I love when my Birthday boys get exactly the  happy reaction I want when they see their cakes!  this baby I have made a couple of times, this time was for Austin's 9th birthday.  It looks like a giant Oreo and tastes even better.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment